Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Staying Strong

Welcome to the Byrd family's new blog.

My hopes for this blog are to share inspiring experiences, thoughts, etc on the Byrd's journey of staying strong.  The Byrd family has really committed to the idea of "staying strong" in all aspects of our lives.

This blog will cover three specific aspects of strength and how they exist and coexist.
1. Faith
2. Nutrition
3. Physical fitness

While all three are important, Tommy and I have found such a dynamic relationship between the three.  The ideas of endurance, discipline, self-control, contentment, leaning on the true source of strength, all play a part in each of these areas. Just a quick thought- we can (on our own) achieve such strength in certain areas of our lives.  We can get really fit, eat really well, work really hard...but how much STRONGER will all those areas be when we learn to find and rely on the TRUE source of strength?  How many better food choices can I make on a daily basis when I lean on HIM for comfort, and not my favorite foods?  How much more motivated am I to staying fit when I look at it in the context of viewing my body as a vessel to be used by HIM?  We will expand on this and more in future posts.

Look forward to more from "Staying Strong"!  (And don't worry, we will add in some fun, random, life-updating posts as well!)


5.jpg

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Psalm 18:32
It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment