Saturday, May 25, 2013

Getting strong(er)



Well, I've been truly "back at it" for about 3 weeks now. It's been really hard. I'm actually not in that bad of shape, all things considered, BUT my mind is way ahead of where my body is. I KNEW it was not going to be like I was immediately going to bounce back to where I was pre-pregnancy but it is hard to convince yourself of this. Or maybe it is just hard admitting that you aren't the same person or body you were then. 

It's funny, when I first started Crossfit, it was all about getting my mind to push my body harder. Now, my mind is much tougher but my body isn't there. And I really need to respect my body and all it has gone through rather than run it into the ground. It is a fine line deciding how hard I should push to improve fitness, but still respect the post-natal healing process. 

And eating is hard. I'm just really hungry. And I'm super scared of eating too little calories and affecting my milk supply. And honestly, alot of paleo meals are not as easy and when you have a sleeping infant (aka ticking time bomb) sometimes you gotta eat just to get calories because it may not happen otherwise. But we are sloooowly getting much better. I found some nitrate free deli meat and I can almost always make a great lunch of that, half a LARGE avocado and a big serving of fruit. We make breakfast at night (eggs mixed with potatoes, sausage, or bacon) so I can easily heat it up in the morning. Dinner I can usually manage to cook. The slow cooker is my friend. Usually slow cooker or grilled meat, either sautéed greens or a salad, and roasted veggies. Easy peasy. 

This post by Lisa Thiel (crazy amazing crossfit athlete and coach who recently had a baby) has helped my mindset. Basically she says you have to rid your thinking about getting back to the old you and embrace your new self, and look at each day as a PR.  Here's to the new me!!

 http://www.lisabenderthiel.com/2013/04/after-jacob-was-born-end-of-september-i.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment