Monday, October 8, 2012

Finding out

We have had people ask if we were "trying" for this baby. First of all, none of your business! Second of all, I hate that whole idea. Under the sovereignty of God, we really don't have much control over these things, do we? And I think it makes the whole process task-driven which is isn't how it should be either. So, while we weren't engaging in any kind of birth control and definitely felt "ready" to start a family, we approached it in a really relaxed way. 

I knew pretty early on that I was probably pregnant. I waited till I was a few days late and took a test. Negative. We were disappointed but not seriously bummed or anything. About 10 more days went by and I was still a no-show. I bought another test. The night before I took it, I had a serious meltdown- I think Judge had done something destructive and I seriously broke down about it in a really out of character way. Plus, I had been really sleepy that whole week. After my emotional escapade, I was pretty sure-something was different. Took the test the next morning, July 27- POSITIVE!

I think we were pretty much in shock that day. Didn't tell anyone, just kinda spent the day in a haze.  I  was pretty sure about our conception date but I called the doctor and they got me in for an "8 week" appointment. But they measure that based on the date of your last period. We went to the doctor on August 8 and surprise, surprise, turns out I was measuring closer to 5 weeks (which I could have told them). Everything looked good and healthy and I ws cleared to travel and exercise. 

Next up, telling the family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment