Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's a...

GIRL!!

So we went for our anatomy scan (the long ultrasound) on November 6. I hadn't had any "feelings" about gender one way or another, but the morning of the 6th, I was CONVINCED it was a boy.

Tommy and my mom were able to attend the appointment with me. We got to see everything- fingers, toes, nose, spine, blood flow to the heart and through the umbilical cord, the four chambers of the heart, etc. Everything looked GREAT and she was at a great percentile for height and weight, actually measuring about 3 days bigger. She wasn't moving around very much but the technician was able to give us some pretty good shots of her. Since I was convinced it was a boy, I was shocked when she said "It's a little girl!"

Tommy didn't really say much but he smiled. I think we were both so relieved that everything was healthy that the gender news was really secondary to us at that point. We hadn't seen her since 8 weeks-when she still looked like a blob!

We are SO excited for our sweet daughter. The task of mothering a little woman can be intimidating, but one I feel so privileged and honored that I get to experience. Our prayer is that she will love her Maker and King and delight in being His creation.

Below are some sweet images of our little girl. In the last one, you can see that she was sucking her thumb.



No comments:

Post a Comment