Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Miracle.

Olivia Rae,

(that's her name)

You are a miracle. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and feeling so wonderfully joyful about it all. I felt you move inside me for the first time on Saturday (11/24/12). It was a peaceful morning. Your dad and I slept in and were just enjoying our comfy bed, relaxing, with nothing much on our agenda for the day. All of a sudden, there you were! If I had to describe what it feels like, it really just feels like something is moving around inside you. It wasn't fluttery or popcorn-ish to me. This may be because I'm feeling you so much later in my pregnancy (due to an anterior placenta- look it up if you care). I felt you all morning and later that night and pretty much every day since. The past 2 days at work, you tend to get feisty during my 2nd period conference, around 10:30 am. It may be because I am usually sitting still at my desk at that time, or maybe because you are getting hungry (I assume you are hungry when I'm hungry).

Honestly, it kinda creeped me out at first to feel you move. It is just very bizarre. But it is reassuring to know you are there and doing ok! Your daddy and I are getting SO excited to meet you! Now that you have a name, we've picked out what your room is going to look like, and you have gotten a few gifts, it feels like you are a real person (which you are!).

You are loved by so many people. Your cousin Austin knows you are in my belly and lifts up my shirt to tell my belly "Hi, Baby Olivia!" You guys are going to be fun friends. Your grandparents (both sides) are overjoyed to have you join our family. It's a crazy family, but so full of love, joy, and life. The best part is that you are joining a family full of people who love Jesus. If we only teach you one thing while we have you, I hope you learn to love Jesus with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength.

Stay put for a while, Olivia, but I am so looking forward to meeting you!

    My 22 week belly- you are moving around in there!
 

Judge was bored of picture-taking... 

Lita (my mom) took us shopping!
 
















Our friend Nancy at the gym gave us these cute shoes! You are gonna be GIRLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment