Monday, February 11, 2013

Getting close!

Well, oops.

I have kinda slacked off in the documenting department. I think mostly because I'm so ready for her to just BE HERE ALREADY that I am not thinking about basking in the glory of pregnancy and everything involved (*this should be read with a slightly sarcastic tone...).

I'm 33 weeks and really, things are just fine. We are plugging along, slowly getting things ready for our gal. "Things" are not fully ready yet- I have 2 more showers, I'm in the middle of repainting her dresser, gifts are still in bags and boxes, we have 2 more birthing classes to finish up, etc. Emotionally, mentally though, we want her here so badly.

It's pretty amazing how the Lord prepares your heart to be a mama and daddy. I can honestly say that we are not really fearful at all for her arrival. I have been amazed at Tommy's excitement and anticipation. I am actually looking forward to the birthing process. I think alot of this I owe to our amazing birthing classes. We are preparing using The Bradley Method. Everyone is different and their choices about birthing are different, which is TOTALLY OK, but I. love. these. classes. The nicest thing is that I feel like I am SO informed about what my choices really are. I know we will enter the birthing process empowered to make choices so that our experience is everything we want it to be. I know that no matter what happens, or if we totally have to chunk our birth plan out the window, we will truly have been a part of the decision making process, so we will be ok with whatever decisions are made, knowing it was all a part of ending up with a healthy mom and healthy baby. The other great thing is how focused it is on educating the husband. Prior to these classes, Tommy's birthing knowledge was....limited. He is basically an expert now. He will be my birth coach and I feel so fortunate to have the person I trust most not just by my side, but LEADING me through the whole journey. If you are a preggo out there and are looking for a good way to prepare for childbirth- I highly recommend finding a Bradley instructor in your area.

All that to say...WE ARE SO READY FOR YOU, OLIVIA!!!

Current stats:
I went to the Dr on Thursday (2/7). I didn't gain any weight in the past 2 weeks, but my belly has grown. We had a quick sono and she is measuring at 4.5 lbs which is basically perfectly average, around the 50th percentile. She is head down also, which is GOOD NEWS!! Dr says at this point she should remain head down until D-day.

In terms of movement, not so much kicking, but more just like a lot of shifting and stretching. My tummy will take on some weird shapes throughout the course of the day. Now that I know how she is laying, I can pretty much tell what I'm feeling when she moves. A foot or leg, or her rounded back.

And I'm still working out, albeit, moving ALOT more sloooowly. Most of our regular gym friends who knew me pre-pregnancy are used to it and know that I am working at a much lower level of intensity, but I do get some funny looks and questions from some of our newer members occasionally.

 27 weeks

 A little comparison- 12, 22, and 27 weeks.

Daddy painted the nursery! We have some furniture in there although I am currently in the process of painting that dresser. I will do before and after photos.


Sweet baby showers. So loved.

1 comment:

  1. Celina, I hope you take it easy as baby Olivia's debut draws near! I actually had to be induced because my blood pressure was getting too high (which the midwives attributed to working out too much.) I still had a wonderful natural birth though, and I hope you do too!

    I nominated you for a Liebster Award-go to my blog to read more about it-and keep up the blogging-you will be so thankful for it down the road!

    ReplyDelete