Monday, February 11, 2013

Random thoughts.

Here we are at 30 weeks. Thought I would do this fun little questionnaire thing.

How far along: 30 weeks (3rd trimester)

Size of baby: "What to expect" tells me a butternut squash, around 3 pounds. Who actually knows? I haven't had a sono since 18 weeks.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Healthy. Mostly "useful" weight. I'm not advertising a number because everyone is different and there is no need to put something out there for other pregnant mommies to compare themselves to.

Maternity clothes: Mostly maternity excepting layering pieces and some dresses. I love maternity clothes! So comfy!

Gender: Girl

Movement: Week 29, she all of a sudden went from a gentle mover to a crazy-lets-have-a-party-punch-mom-in-the-ribs-and-bladder mover. It has continued into this week. I hear that she will be crazy for a while and then closer to d-day, she will slow down again because she will start running out of room. Weird thing, I usually NEVER felt movement while working out. Saturday I was doing a little jog during a workout and I stopped b/c I thought I was cramping. Nope-baby girl was just doing a jig! She's been continuing to move around during and after workouts now which I take as a good sign.

Sleep: Pretty good. Usually I go to sleep fine, have to get up once to use the restroom, and go back to sleep just fine again. I've been doing some good exercises to stretch my back and pelvis before bed and my awesome hubs will usually give me a little back rub as well as work on some pressure points in my pelvis. If it is really bad, I will foam roll or work out tight spots with a lacrosse ball. This helps keep me comfortable.

What I miss: Sleeping on my belly. Going 100% during a workout. Honestly, I haven't really minded being pregnant, and I'm in total awe and appreciation at what my body is doing and will do...but I won't say that I LOOOVE being pregnant. It has been an easy pregnancy, comparatively, but I am definitely ready to have this little gal OUTSIDE of me rather than INSIDE of me.

Cravings: Not really anything weird or unusual. I get hungry and really can't skip or go too long between meals but that is my body giving me natural cues to keep me healthy for baby. I don't know if maybe I'm weird and am just not getting cravings or maybe I've established a healthy enough relationship with food to determine that a DESIRE does not require you to give in to it. Sure, there are times I think, "oh man, _________ sounds REALLY good right now." But I won't go get it or make my husband get it. And we don't keep unhealthy stuff in the house so it isn't an option. I do have a hard time passing up free food if offered to me though :) But I feel like that's ok.

Symptoms: Some heartburn (mostly with citrus), lots of pressure on my bladder.



No comments:

Post a Comment